Premier Doug Ford announced today he is moving Peel and Toronto into lockdown on Monday.
ONTARIO - The Province of Ontario is moving Toronto and Peel Regions a lockdown starting on Monday.
Premier Doug Ford says we are now teetering on the edge of having to delay surgeries.
"My friends I have been clear on this, the situation is extremely serious and further action is required to avoid the worst case scenario, where the rate of community spread in the greatest and the risk to our schools, long term care homes, hospitals is the greatest."
Ford says last week our modelling showed that if nothing was done, we could face 6,000 new cases in the coming weeks.
"Overwhelming our ICU's shortly after that, more deaths, more losses, but we can avoid this, if we take further action now."
Effective Monday Toronto and Peel will move into a lockdown. Ford says he will be providing more supports for impacted businesses.
"We are doubling our supports for businesses impacted by these measures. I have directed that $600 million dollars in relief be made available immediately to help these businesses with fixed costs. We will be there for these folks."
Ford also encourages everyone to shop local and reminds everyone that you can buy the exact same product you find on Amazon at a local store. He is also asking people to not panic buying.
"By avoiding the panic buying, we can make sure the supply chains are not impacted and there is enough for everyone.
You can listen to his full remarks from this morning below:

UTRCA Issues Statement Regarding Water Levels
OPP Investigate Reports of Extortion
PJHL Playoff Preview - Feb 20th to Feb 22nd
Ticket Sales Begin for Runway of Stars
Mobile Decontamination Trailer for Oxford
Shelton Wins Silver Medal at Milan Olympics
Woodstock Accepting Community Grant Applications
Provincial Funding is Coming to Blandford-Blenheim Township
Theatre Woodstock Presents: Jesus Christ Superstar
Municipal Candidate Information Session in Oxford
School Buses Cancelled in Oxford County
Drug Charges Laid in Tillsonburg
UPDATE: Road Reopens Following School Bus Crash
UPDATE: Freezing Drizzle Advisory in Effect
Tillsonburg Considers Film-Friendly Status
Oxford OPP Briefs - February 18th, 2026
Single-Vehicle Collision Leads to Charges
Woodstock Man Charged at Border
PJHL Recap - Feb. 10th to Feb. 16th
Interview with the Mayor - February 17th, 2026
Comments
Add a comment