An affordable housing project in Woodstock will be going before the Ontario Municipal Board. As we told you earlier in the week, three appeals have been filed against the zone change for the planned development of the former Harvey Woods Building into 80-units of affordable housing. Mayor Pat Sobeski says he doesn't feel the objections brought forward have anything to do with the zoning provisions that were put on the property. "One is just questioning putting low income housing in there, so that's just an opinion, not a planning decision and I believe the other two have to do with the alleyway behind the residences on Vansittart, but the site has ample access out to Vansittart Ave.." "The only changes that we made was to provide for fewer parking spots because again the people who would be occupying it generally don't own cars and the second thing was we changed the provisions so that smaller apartments could be built that were more affordable." Council voted unanimously to proceed before the OMB.

PJHL Recap - Feb. 10th to Feb. 16th
Interview with the Mayor - February 17th, 2026
Woodstock Home Show Returns this Spring
WPS Issues Scam Warning
Two Weather Alerts for Oxford
Oxford OPP Remind Motorists to Be Safe
Motorcyclists Expected for February Friday the 13th
Interview with the Warden - February 12th, 2026
SWPH Issues Cold Weather Alert
New Video Series Coming to Oxford County
Police Take One into Custody
Oxford OPP Briefs - Feb. 11th, 2026
Registration Open for BBBS Trivia Nite
Theatre Tillsonburg Presents: Hilda's Yard
National 211 Day in Oxford County
Charges Laid After Break-and-Enter in Norwich
OCF Announces Grant Funding
Public Information Centre for Devonshire Ave Resconstruction
UPDATE: Ottawa Denies Tax Relief Request for CAMI Employees
WFD Launches New Public Awareness Campaign